I really do not know where to start with JC's trip. So, please don't mind if I ramble on and it is not in the correct order ... but hopefully, you'll get the idea of it all.
I do not know how many people know of JC's trip. But to give you the team's objectives:
1) to bring encouragement, prayers, and support to the church in S.Asia
2) to bring encouragement and prayers to our church here from our brothers and sisters in s.asia
3) learn more about their work in s.asia
4) focus on specific areas of need and bring recommendations to our church
JC's particular role is to document the trip through his passion of photography. God has blessed JC with this talent, and I am so thankful and so proud of him that he is using this gift for our Lord.
Yesterday (or was it today?) was JC's first full day. He and the team were busy visiting the pastor and his church, they attended service, met some people of the congregation, and toured the area. It was a day filled with God working in JC and in the team.
I have been able to speak to JC everyday since he has left (Thank you God for Skype!) ... and I can already feel and see how God has opened JC's heart and soul. He has not even been in South Asia for 1/2 a week, and already, I see how my husband is growing in his walk with our Lord.
To see my husband grow and feel the Lord working in him, it brings me so much joy and thanks to God for this opportunity for JC. Although JC and I were not happy about being separated, we both agreed that this trip is bigger than he, Eli or I ... it is about our Lord. As much as I miss my husband, we know this trip will not only bring our family closer to Him, but God willingly the people in S.Asia and here. God willingly, the pictures that JC takes will tell the story of their lives and how we can pray and help those in need.
This morning when i spoke to JC, I can see how God opened his heart. I truly wanted to cry as I heard JC speak about his visit to the church. I know that already this trip has changed JC ... and I believe it will only bring him closer and stronger in his faith ... which in turn, as the head of our family - he will continue to be Eli's and my mentor, and example.
Everyday the team gets together to have daily briefing and morning devotions. As the team shares with one another their hearts, it opens doors for other people to share and grow. Although the team is diverse ... it is a team that was meant to be. They are growing and learning day by day, and as they grow spiritually as individuals and as a team ... they are embarking on a remarkable journey.
Tomorrow (or is today?) JC and the team will be visiting the Leprosy Colony. This is one of the many areas the church supports. I am excited to hear JC's stories and if possible see some of his pictures.
We ask for your continued prayers for JC and the team. Please continue to pray for a safe journey, good photo's & health, and most of all spiritual guidance.
Thank you.
posted by JCandKim @9:47 PM
Gallery
JC's Photo's on Flickr
Links
Invisionation
Isaiah & Gabe
Oliver
Post Secret
Randy
Wayne and Angie
Vincent Y
Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Photostream