I've got lots and lots to blog about ... I don't know where to begin!
My birthday came and went before my eyes ... just like last year and the year before. I was never big on celebrating my birthday ... to be honest, I'm quite shy with the attention ... but ever since I met JC - I love my birthday's ... now I count not my age, but the number of years I've been "Mrs. JC" ...
The day after my birthday, JC and we left for California ... we decided to stay in the heart of San Fran for 4-5 days before meeting up with the family in Sonoma Valley for Ate Yvette's wedding. We did all the touristy stuff ... cable cars, coffee in small cafe's, walking up those huge hills! (no wonder everyone in San Fran looks amazing!), Pier 39, union square and more and more and more!
Saturday we drove up to Sonoma Valley with our cousin JP from New Jersey and his friend Alex ... met up with the whole Mangalindan clan at the family BBQ ... and anxiously waited for our cousins wedding the following day ...
Ate Yvette and Mike were married at Annadel Winery & Garden ... oh and wow - talk about straight out of hollywood and a Martha Stewart magazine. If any of you get a chance, ask to see Kuya's video ... he's probably not yet finished - but we were able to see a 2 minute reel of what he did capture - and oh my gosh ... Kuya really captured the emotions and the beauty of the day. I'm so impressed and so proud of my Kuya and his amazing talent ...
The wedding took place in the vineyard with the dancing and drinks and all the festivities outside in the garden ... I can't even describe in words how beautiful and breathtaking the wedding and reception was. You're really going to have to watch Kuya's video ... I'm hoping he will eventually put it on his website ... www.halovideoproductions.com
At the wedding my cousins and relatives had quite the reunion ... especially with the open bar and the dancing. Tito Lito and I decided to have our first drink of the night together ... I had my first martini ever with Tito Lito (and my 3rd and 4th with him too ... I think ... I know we had a couple drinks together - but I think I lost count somewhere) ... meanwhile as I was drowning down the martini's (my new favourite drink) ... my husband, all my boy cousins and my kuya were doing shots ... all night long ... I have no idea how many these boys drank ... but I know that most of them were drunk before the dancing started ...
The night was filled with lots of drinks ... shots and beer for the boys ... and martini's for me ... and filled with lots of dancing! By the time it was time to go ... I was feeling the ill effects of the many martini's that my husband warned me about (mental note for the next wedding - only 2 drinks ... and listen to the husband) ...
And so on the shuttle bus home ... I kept praying that I will make it back to the hotel without throwing up ... well, I did make it to the hotel ... but not my hotel room. As soon as the bus parked and people started leaving, I threw up in JC's long sleeve (thank God I had that otherwise I would of thrown up in the back of the bus on the seat) ... and as I was walking to the hotel room ... I threw up some more in his long sleeve ... and then finally I made it to the bathroom ... and threw up in the bathtub ... now as I'm taking a shower ... my loving husband checks on me ... I'm not doing so well ... but I'm okay ... I respond ... and then he promptly throws up too ... my husband continues to throw up a couple more times throughout the night ...
meanwhile as my husband and I are sick ... I later find out that we were not the only ones getting sick in their hotel rooms ... apparently, so were my cousins!
Ahh, the stories we all have to share. It was such a fun time with my cousins and my relatives ... what a reunion! After the wedding we were all talking about the next wedding ... Clint and Kim ... ah, until next year !!!
posted by JCandKim @10:33 PM
Gallery
JC's Photo's on Flickr
Links
Invisionation
Isaiah & Gabe
Oliver
Post Secret
Randy
Wayne and Angie
Vincent Y
Archives
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Photostream