<

11.21.2004

In My Face

Ever had one of those days where you did something wrong and it just hits you in the face?

Well this morning I was having coffee with my in-laws and we were discussing a particular issue. It was about a person we knew and something that he/she did... after hearing the story - I was a little upset and told them that I did not agree on how this person handled the situation ... I thought it was wrong and could of and should of been handled differently.

Anyways ... after having coffee, I go to church and here I am sitting listening to the sermon about accepting others - "accept him whose faith is weak without passing judgement on disputable matters" (romans 14:1) ... goodness, I felt like such a fool! I remembered our conversation from this morning ... and I realized that me expressing my opinion on our friend was wrong. I sat there and I closed my eyes and prayed and prayed and asked for forgiveness ... I really felt like today's sermon was talking to me and telling me that what I did this morning was wrong.

Isn't it amazing how God talks to us? Well, I learned a valuable lesson today ... and I pray that the next time I disagree on something ... I remember to keep my mouth closed and to open my heart to God.

posted by JCandKim @9:53 PM

Comments:
HI Kim! just curious, what church do you go to now?
 
hi mel - i sent you an email (it's kinda long)... let me know if you got it ... thanks luv k.
 
sometimes u have to think before u say something, but remember, the first thought in your mind is sometimes how you really feel, and you shouldn't hide it either, b/c it's not being honest with yourself and others. without realistic (constructive) criticisms how are we to get any better.

kuya
 
hey kuya ... you're right about your comment - thanks for your advice ... i think sometimes i say things just based on emotion ... i need to work on that ... really think if what i'm saying is the right thing or if i'm just saying it b/c i'm upset. thanks again.

miss you,
luv k.
 
God never teaches us to judge anyone especially if you really don't know this person in and out. There's always a reason for all our actions good or bad and only GOD has the right to judge and even God himself won't do it until our judgement day in his kingdom. I can't blame you for how you feel b/c we all have human insticts and emotions from our creator to express our feelings but we also have to use it in a very Godly not human manner. Real christians (from the word CHRIST/LIKE) are forgiving and understanding, they don't judge people. Next time, just don't allow yourself to entertain things like this esp. if it comes out from a very sinful human mind and mouth. But one thing about it, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU for asking God's forgiveness after what you have said to this person. Even in the bible, GOD created man equal and in his perfect image. So, if we do bad and sinful things, it wasn't him it's the DEVIL and us christians don't entertain anything from him. Sometimes when we do uncertain things we always justify ourselves like, " oh, sorry, I'm not perfect, I'm only human". But always remember, GOD moulds us in his likeness. AMEN!!!

God Bless you child for being HONEST and GODLY!!!
 
Post a Comment






JC, Kim, and Eliana
... thank you God for our family ...

Gallery

JC's Photo's on Flickr


Links

Invisionation
Isaiah & Gabe
Oliver
Post Secret
Randy
Wayne and Angie
Vincent Y


Archives

February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010


Credits

Evone
Blogger


Photostream