<

10.25.2004

A Short and Long Story ...

Okay, sit back and relax b/c I've got a short and long story to share ...

First Story: Jogging.

This afternoon I decided to go for a quick jog around the neighborhood and savor the beautiful weather since it wasn't snowing. Although it was pretty cold, after a couple mintues of jogging I started to warm up. The funny thing is that this is my first time jogging after a snowfall ... and what I realized is that you have to be very careful where you step! Every so often I would run into a ice patch and have to gently walk across it ... imagine if I was running? Knowing me, I would have slipped and cracked my head open. So my "quick jog" ended up being a run/watch your step kind of thing ... but I still maintained my usual time, so I guess it went alright. Ah, my first experience running in Calgary after a snowfall ...

Second Story: Airplane Ride.

Yesterday I was remembering a time (maybe 2 yrs ago) when I was flying here to Calgary to visit my husband (back then - he was the 'boyfriend'). It was late after work, and it was winter so it was already quite dark. I boarded the plane, and was sitting in the very back row by myself ... now if you know me, i'm quite afraid of flying (my first trip to Calgary - I almost had a panic attack and got off the plane) ... so I remember sitting there praying that God would send someone to sit on the same row as me b/c I was all myself (i figured that it would relieve some of my anxiety) ... and sure enough someone sat on the same row so I was not alone.

Anyways, we were all set to go ... the engine started going ... and then ... you hear this loud noise and the engine suddenly goes quiet ... and then the lights go off! Now you can imagine how I must of felt ... panic !!! I was so scared ... at first the pilots didn't know what the problem was ... and it didn't help that you see a flight attendent run down the aisle ...

As I was sitting there in the dark ... I was clutching my bible with a death grip ... minutes felt like hours to me ... and my anxiety started rising and rising ... and then of course the flood of tears of fear finally came. Still at this point, we didn't know what the problem was ... and I was freaked out of my mind.

I remember praying and asking God - please get me off this plane and onto one that works!

Just my luck that I was on board with a sports team and the guys were like "hey man, imagine if that happened when we were in the air?"

Oh gosh, I just wanted to scream at them! I remember covering my ears so I wouldn't hear them talk anymore b/c it wasn't helping my fears. (( The guy sitting on the same row as me seemed so compassionate - I can see the look of compassion in his eyes when he saw the look on my face when I heard those guys say that ))

And then finally, after almost 2 hours of sitting there in the plane (in the dark) I couldn't take it anymore ... I prayed and I prayed and then I remember saying, "Jesus, I am so scared out of my mind I don't know what to do. There's this empty seat beside me, I'm going to turn on my side and imagine you sitting there and putting your arms around me to comfort me. "

After my prayer, I did exactly that ... I turned on my side (toward the empty seat) and imagined Jesus hugging me. I swear I felt Jesus then and there ... my anxiety was lifted ... and miracle of miracles at that exact moment the lights on the plane went on ... and a few minutes later it was annouced that the plane was fixed and we were good to go!

I have much to be thankful to my Lord, and this is just one of the many stories.

posted by JCandKim @10:46 PM

Comments: Post a Comment






JC, Kim, and Eliana
... thank you God for our family ...

Gallery

JC's Photo's on Flickr


Links

Invisionation
Isaiah & Gabe
Oliver
Post Secret
Randy
Wayne and Angie
Vincent Y


Archives

February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010


Credits

Evone
Blogger


Photostream